*Post by Ildiko S*
In my opinion, being surrounded by like-minded people in a gorgeous setting away from hustle of the city is really important. This is one of the reasons I recently decided to spend a month in the Nicaraguan jungle to complete my yoga teacher training. Engulfed by nature, I practiced yoga multiple times a day and learned about all aspects of mindfulness. But when I returned to Toronto, I found it a bit difficult to adjust: I missed nature, I missed the community and I missed all of the yoga practice. Which is why I was very excited to hear about the Wanderlust Tremblant yoga festival…
Nestled in the heart of one of the world’s oldest mountain chains, Wanderlust Tremblant yoga festival aims to help participants find their true north via transformative experiences. Think of it as a mini-getaway filled with sunrise hikes through beautiful mountains, yoga sessions taught by instructors from all around the world, delicious locally-sourced food and live music that plays into the night. Sounds amaze, right?! The fest combines everything I love: yoga, hiking, meditation, good food and live music so I can’t wait to experience it for the very first time. But before I head over to Wanderlust Tremblant, I did a bit of research and wanted to share some tips I came across:
1. Purchase tickets early so you can sign up for all of the workshops that interest you. They fill up quickly!
2. Decide which activities you want to sign up for prior to the festival. This was the hardest part for me because I literally wanted to do everything. As I was signing up for classes, I quickly realized there are limits to the amount of activities you can sign up for so be mindful when creating your schedule. The types of activities available include:
- Yoga – different types of yoga asana classes
- Music – live performances
- Nature – outdoor meditations and adventurous activities such as stand-up paddleboarding, hikes, runs and kayaking
- Meditation – sessions taught by renowned teachers
- Talks – speakeasy series on a variety of mindful-related topics
3. Remember to bring the following with you:
- Yoga mat and other materials you might use (i.e. blocks or straps)
- Comfortable clothes
- Running shoes (if you decide to go hiking)
- Reusable water bottle
- And most importantly, an open mind and a thirst to experience something new…
Who wants to join me August 24 – 27 at Wanderlust Tremblant in Quebec?! Grab your tickets here — as with any festival, they will go fast!
Thank you to Wanderlust Tremblant for hosting us at their upcoming festival. We can’t wait to connect with like-minded yogis and share our experience. As always, all reviews and opinions are entirely my own.